Monday, March 10, 2014

What To Take on A Short Weekend Trip? Here's Some Ideas. 2014-03-10 06:27








Going away for a week? The packing is easy. Get your art case out and pack it with as much art supplies as you possibly can along with some canvasses and watercolor boards. But what if you're just going for a day or two and your pretty sure you'll want to paint or draw?




Here is what I took;
- Pencil Case containing; Prisma Colors, Conte' Pastels and Watercolor Pencils
- Small Sketchbook (usually carried everywhere I go in purse)
- Small Pencil Case containing; drawing, ebony and charcoal, eraser, sharpener and sandpaper
- Traveling Watercolor Set
- Extra Brushes (I didn't use them)
- Watercolor Pad of Paper (already stretched )
- Small Watercolor Trading Cards


This was a Christmas gift from my husband a year ago that I hadn't used yet. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about cake paints and had always wanted to use them. LOVED IT! The paints were brilliant and very professional. The set had the same feeling as one of the paint kits I got each year as school supplies when I was in grade school. (Remember when you just painted because you had to and there were no worries about what it was or how it looked?) This is something that would fit nicely in my purse too, maybe with a few of those trading cards for mini paintings anywhere anytime!




I have a hard time painting in public sometimes. Sketch books are always great to pull out and loosen up a bit, letting my creative juices flow. If I still don't feel comfortable or "moved" I can keep on drawing.

I used almost everything. Next time I'll probably leave my brush case home, packing just my favorite. The sable brush from the paint kit was very nice and worked well for what I wanted.

What supplies do you pack?


No comments:

Post a Comment