Friday, August 22, 2014

Two Paintings To Work on Tonight at 317 Studio & Gallery

 

I have chosen  two paintings to work on tonight at 317 Studio and Gallery. They both pose different challenges. The painting on the right is blue salvia, one of my favorite perennials, with white flowers. I will use the white of the paper for the little white flowers. (I haven't done many white flowers.) The composition of the orange lilies on the left is a bit odd, but I am drawn to this picture. I love the leaves, the berries and the bold flowers.

I don't usually paint in front of people. I'm looking forward to it though just because I know this is an area where I need to improve on. I hope to do some plien air in the future so like it or not, I'm going to start painting in front of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment