Sunday, August 16, 2015

Christmas in August, Pastel of the Dogs

Ever have one of those weeks where you just want to shut yourself in your studio and crank up the volume on the I pad? 

I'm having one of those weekends. (I should say my next free weekend is October 17th.) I want to savoir this weekend - this summer. But most of all I just want to paint. Maybe add a dip in the pool on this 90+ degree day.


I've started this year's Christmas card which features Spike and Cooper getting their big bone on Christmas morning. This pastel still has a long way to go. I haven't decided on the background. I think it needs to be darker.

This will be a busy week;
Katie's Cup Monday
Plein Air at Nicholas Tuesday
Rockton River Market Wednesday
Glen Ellen show Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Still to do: Finish Christmas card,  get 4 to 5 pics ready for 317 Studio and Gallery by the 28th. (I'll be doing another Artist at work on Sept. 4th.), submit works to Professional Artist competition. (Have you heard about it? ProfessionalArtistMag.com/BlankCanvas) and enter Beloit, Wi. competition "Faces" by Sept 25th.

And I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment