Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 30 in 30, Day #7

30 paintings in 30days.

I had a hard time with this one. I will admit it. It started out as a piece about recommitting to goals and not letting little stumbles get in the way of the directions you want to move in. I wrote myself a lovely little pep talk in silver across both pages knowing that enough of it would be covered up and that my private pep talk would stay just that. But then I lost the direction when I stenciled with molding paste. I like them very much but they are way too centered and there's four of them, an even number, I know better than that. Anyway, I was never able to get back to any kind of a focal point after that. I decided to stop trying so hard and doodle my way through the rest of it. So I let everything dry and plopped down in front of the TV and casually doodled. It still doesn't have a point of interest, but I'm okay with it.


Celebrate the Ordinary, See the Extraordinary
Mixed Media









1 comment:

  1. Well, for all the "wrongs" it sure does feel right! It is just a whole lot of pretty!! Love seeing the details close up - you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete