Friday, April 24, 2020


Why am I here? 
I mean why am I at my blog page really wanting to write after at least two years of letting the blog go? I guess it's because I feel the need to connect with you and those who follow my pages through the social media on a deeper level. I guess that's no surprise after we've been sheltering in place for 41 days. But the truth is I miss you. I miss the people who come into my gallery in Rockton and pull up a chair and tell me about their lives. I miss the person who comes to paint with me and swears they can't even draw a stick figure only to find they have their own unique style in painting and they're not bad, not bad at all. I miss my artist friends who stop by the gallery with their latest creations hoping that others will appreciate what they've made, or the shopper who is looking for that special unique one of a kind gift. I miss the other shop owners up and down the street who have become my friends. I miss the people who used to read my blog and make some comments here and there.


So I will listen to this craving of wanting to write in a totally informal way and start up my blog again. As you know times are very uncertain right now. Somehow, in the middle of all this is this bursting amount of creativity. Everyone is reinventing themselves, learning how to move forward in this world of social distancing. We are learning to connect in new ways. Heck I now Zoom and use Duo. ( Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?) My gallery is changing too. In trying to survive... well, I shouldn't put it that way. My business is called Finally Art - I'm finally here. I'm not going anywhere. Turns out I can be pretty scrappy and stubborn. I'm here to stay. but business is changing and to be honest... some of it may be for the better.


So I plan to write about this new world and how we are reinventing ourselves as we navigate through it. I don't know how often I'll post it's all new again. We'll see.


How are you reinventing yourself? How are you doing my friend? I'm happy to be reconnecting with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment