Monday, June 2, 2014

Obsessions Over Solving Problems in Painting



I bought a new sketch book last week in the hopes that I would do several sketches a week. My front porch makes a wonderful, cool place to draw in the afternoon when its totally in shade. I had a lot of fun just sketching and am looking forward to many more drawings.

This week the focus is on getting my work done so I can get to the printers by week's end with five new paintings. Three for sure, the last two I'm struggling with. I've been working on my peony painting for awhile now and I'm not sure if I went a bit too far and muddied up some colors. On the other hand, I'm not sure I didn't go far enough. I need to stand back from it and give it some time so I can "live with it" awhile. But I don't seem to be able to do that... I seem to be obsessed with figuring this painting out. I keep going back to it- even though I have three other projects to do and even though I know some separation would  be for the best. I want to solve this problem... now. Pictures coming soon. Maybe.

What do you do when you're at a point like this? When you need to step back a bit and yet can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment