Saturday, September 10, 2016

September 10, Bursting With Pride

Day 10

30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.

It occurred to me that alstroemerias, although they look like lilies... are not. They aren't as large and as demanding as lilies. Yet here they are bright and bold and truly themselves, comfortable with their own size.

Bursting with pride is a good choice for today, being that it is my 34th wedding anniversary. I'm proud of that. When I was younger I never envisioned being married that long. It's not a comment about my marriage. Heck, at 22, I never imagined getting this old. Anyway, I'm glad I did and am glad to be traveling this path with my husband, Mark. I'm liking age. It has afforded me the luxury of painting full time. And I guess most of all I like having a history of my own. But, I do fantasize about having my 20 year old knees back.


Bursting with Pride
Alcohol Inks and Pen on Yupo Paper
8 x 10
$95

2 comments: