Wednesday, March 15, 2017

An Update on Classes and Shows

It's official! I love teaching classes in series.

I just finished up my four week class of intermediate alcohol ink classes. It was wonderful! To see people apply what they've learned into their own styles is terrific.We had a variety of paintings; dogs, owls landscape, abstract, then we started coping a favorite.





              At first the swirls of Starry Night were really difficult. We all felt maybe we had made a mistake trying this painting in alcohol inks. But then, we were mesmerized, we couldn't stop.



 Some of us went on to try other Masters.Some had projects they wanted to try.



                
                                                                                                                                                          
 

Things are getting busy as we approach the warmer weather. I'm working on a show at Sinisnawa Mounds - a Dominican retreat and conference center. The show will run April 5th through the end of May.

 The next 4 week series of Alcohol Inks on Canvas starts on Tuesday, April 18th. 1-4pm Info and registration here


Spring Art Scene is April 21 & 22nd. I will be showing with the Rockford Art Guild at the Trinity Lutheran Activity Center, 215 N 1st St. It  will be include my first Art Installation in the parking lot. I admit that it is my first one and I don't have a lot of time to pull this off. I know I'll learn a lot.






Then, the 14th annual Unforgettable Art, an Affair for Alzheimer's is April 29th. If you have any suggestions for my canvas please let me know. I plan on doing a vertical canvas this year. For more info and tickets go here

 Looking for a more adventurous painting experience?
Fascinated by the performance art that's becoming so popular?


Well, grab a friend (or not, we'll be your friends ) and come for a night of fun and exploration. Each person will start with their own 11" x 14" canvas. You'll choose your own acrylic color palette, up to 5 colors and be asked to fill out a simple questionnaire about what you like. We'll all start off on our own canvasses by painting the background and a few details.  We'll give you a few pointers along the way. You'll have to be quick because in 15 minutes the music will stop and you'll move on to another canvas. After reviewing that person's likes you will use their palette to continue painting on THEIR canvas! We're sure to come up with some very original pieces by the end of the night!

Tuesday, March 21st
6:00 to 8:30pm

New Dimensions Studio
Womaspace
3333 Maria Linden Drive
Rockford, Illinois 61114

$35/person
Everything you need will be supplied. Feel free to bring your own adult beverage if you'd like.

Register here

No comments:

Post a Comment