Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 20, 30 on 30

Day 20, 30 paintings in 30 days
hosted by Leslie Saeta.

I've been wanting to learn some mixed media techniques for awhile now. My home studio has bags of broken jewelry and wooden boxes that I've collected for the day that I do college. So when it took almost the entire day to get the gallery back together after tearing it apart for the show at Greenwich, it was a treat to end the day across the street in a mixed media class with friends. It was interesting, I choose some paper and colors that I liked bu,t soon got into painting too heavy and not really liking my project. The instructor kept on telling us to trust the process. I liked the way you're never "stuck " with anything, the painting can always change. Layers are good.

I also enjoyed watching how another instructor worked. What do I steal for my own classes? Well, the little boxes which held the brushes, pencils and pens were wonderful... gotta get some of those. They  kept all the supplies in order so we weren't loosing things as we worked. I loved the way Tabitha had the paintings organized, easy to see, easy to grab, and easy to store. She also gave out a lot of information about the supplies and what you could do with them as we worked. I walked away happy. Not only did I get to spend some time with friends and learn a few things, I got a painting for the 30 in 30.

My theme? Halloween of course.


8" x 8"
Mixed Media on Wood Pannel

1 comment: