Monday, April 7, 2014

Inspired By the Spring






Beth's Tulips
 Want to purchase a Giclee Print of this painting? http://www.jillraefinallyart.com/giclee-prints.php


My garden is my inspiration. First, it taunts me with a few pokes of bulb leaves reassuring me that warmer days are coming. Then I am enticed to go outside where the sun and wind clears my mind. I become further awakened by doing the physical activity required to clean-up the garden and prepare it for the season. Choosing the season's plants and flowers is like painting in 3-D as I combine colors and textures into a riot of living art. I photograph the garden as I walk around and pick out nature's masterpieces.  In the winter I am left with only the memories and the photographs as I paint, waiting patiently for the coming season to start again.

2 comments: