Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Why It's a Great Time to Buy Art Work.

I do it all the time. 
My new piece by Jeff & Jenny Tseng of California.

I get in trouble by bringing home someone else's art work from a show. My husband always gently reminds me that the idea of the show is to sell art not buy more. But you know, I disagree - somewhat.

People are not buying as much art from Art Shows as they did a few years ago - or so I'm told. (I just started doing shows two years ago.) Thus some artists are painting stones with Bears and Packers uniforms on them so they can cover the booth fees with tons of $8 purchases. Many artists have their work a bit under priced to entice you to buy it. That's when you can find wonderfully affordable works.

Rockford Art Guild Mosaics February 2015.
When our Rockford Art Guild put together 60, 8"x8" canvasses for sale at $25, I thought it was a great way for me to own some of my favorite artist's work for a minimal cost. There is so much talent in the guild that I'm thrilled to be able to not only collect some of their art but know them personally and paint with them. And I knew those canvasses were worth a lot more than what I paid for them.

Thanks to the internet, art can be bought directly from the artist from anywhere in the world. What a thrill it is to get to know artists from around the world - even if you don't speak the same language we all speak art. It's a language of emotions that everyone can understand.

Are you worried about what kind of art to buy? The rule is simple. Don't worry about which piece will increase in value over time. There's no way of telling. Just buy something that speaks to you. Buy art that personally touches you.

The world of art so exciting and so very available. Every home deserves fine art. Today art is more attainable than ever. So go ahead and buy that piece knowing that not only will you have wonderful art to cherish but you will be supporting the arts for the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment