Thursday, December 10, 2015

Let There Be Light.

Last month I did a show in Madison, Wisconsin at the Museum of Contemporary Arts.  
It was strongly suggested that all vendors bring lights. I didn't.
I just didn't want to add the extra expense to the show costs.


The lighting was fine in my booth, or so I thought. 
It looks alright from a distance right?  But in truth, you couldn't see my art. Soon the other artists started telling me, "Get some lights in your booth." Sales were slow Friday and Saturday mornings, due to the first large snowfall of the season. Very few people ventured into my booth to view my paintings.

Samantha went out to Walmart and bought some inexpensive lights. By 11AM she had them installed.

My sales got better!




For $60 at Wal-Mart we were able to get 5 lights, extra bulbs, 3 extension cords and zip ties.
What a difference lighting made! It was easy!
Thanks Samantha for all you do.

Do you use lighting in your booths?

No comments:

Post a Comment