Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Let the Art Fairs Begin

It's May, so the outdoor art fair season begins along with these  events and classes.

This Thursday I will be teaching 
my first four week class at Womanspace. I'm thrilled, because for the first time I will be moving a group of people away from the first week of alcohol inks towards some more advanced techniques. I just need to list what those techniques are. It's an interesting thing putting into words what's in one's head. The first week of class we'll do the basics and then from there students will be working on their own works as I bring  a new idea to demonstrate. I can't wait to see what people come up with. I always learn so much from my students.

 Saturday is the first collaborative event between Soul Spa and Finally Art. We're meeting at the beautiful McEachran Homestead Winery. I'm so looking forward to it as I think it will be a delightful day. Wine and lunch with two wonderful programs. One looking inward towards our own desires and one looking outward into the world as we get our creative juices flowing.






There are still spaces 
available for Taste . 
Click here for more information and to enroll.






Memorial Day weekend will be my first outdoor art fair in St. Charles, Illinois. 
 I am looking forward to doing a show in my friend's hometown. What a beautiful town it is right along the Fox River. I still have many scenic views of St. Charles to get ready in alcohol inks. This show will make the first for my new mesh booth, Pro Panel desk and print holders. I love my old booth but the panels are so large and time consuming to put up. I'm hoping that this new booth will be easier and cooler during those hot summer afternoons. (Pictures to follow.)


For today, I have a dinner with friends to discuss a new show we're developing followed by an art guild meeting. Tonight, artist Tom Heflin will come to critique our artwork. It's always a great night but a bit nerve racking as Tom is always honest, kind, but honest.

What does your month look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment