Monday, August 21, 2017

A Quick Look Back at the Summer and a Glimpse Forward

I'm getting ready for another 
30 paintings in 30 days starting September 1st.

It's that time of the year. Back to school and back to work. I'm looking forward to this year's 30 in 30 because there's so many paintings I want to do along with class development. Some paintings take longer than one day. I like to pack away a few pics for those days... and so I have plenty of new works for Greenwich Village and Fall Art Scene.

It's been awhile since I've blogged. It's been an exciting summer. I've been busy with a few things...


Starting with Beth And Adrian's Wedding.
It was wonderful! Everything went very smoothly.
I came home to the Klehm show and then 4 weeks of the Rockton River Market.









July brought two
art camps held, in Conover Wisconsin.





 The beautiful surroundings can't help but to become an inspiration to new paintings.








Oh and then this happened...


I'm in my new studio & gallery and it's wonderful! I love coming to the studio each day to welcome guests to the gallery and to paint. I've had to get very strict with myself and stay away for the two days each week I am not open. (Sunday & Monday) It comes down to that pesky scheduling issue again. I stay away for two days to do blogging, newsletters, bookkeeping, etc., which I have let go of this summer. But there's nothing like a 30 in 30 to get one blogging again. It's a matter of getting used to a new schedule.

Being in the studio has allowed me to accomplish quite a bit of painting and am happy to say that I'm more than half way done with the book I'm illustrating. It looks like I'll be making that September deadline after all. We're hoping that the book will be available April of 2018. Now, to finish a few more projects and on to the Christmas cards and holiday commissions.

What's next?
Well, my favorite show of the year, Greenwich Village Art Fair is September 16 & 17th at the parking lot of the Rockford Art Museum. Fall Art Scene is around the corner, October 6th & 7th as well. 

So here we go... looking forward to the Fall.

Are you interested in doing the 30 in 30 challenge too? Sign up here.




4 comments:

  1. WoW congratulations on everything! Love the studio! So glad to hear you will be doing the 30 again~ See you there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelia, I feel as if I've really let my blogging go this summer. I'm hoping not only will I get more pick done with the 30 in 30 but I will get into blogging again.

      Do you have a theme this time? You usually do right?

      Delete