Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hello from Eagle River



Having a great time up North. I am torn between working hard to finish my two paintings for my upcoming show and playing with my family. I'm doing a bit of both.  Yesterday, we went to Diane's Frame shop in Rhinelander, one of my favorite shops. She cut several mats for the newer watercolors. There is always a huge selection of precut mats at reasonable prices. I like going to her shop whenever I come up to see what's new.

We have swam everyday, enjoyed meals together and played some games at night. I am enjoying our time together. It's been seven years since we have all been up here at the same time. My son asked me why I'm not tired of seeing the bald eagles since they are so abundant here. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of watching them fish. The baby loons are something to watch too as they dive underwater then pop up to the surface with their bills full.  No, I don't think you can come to a place like this and not love watching the wildlife. We haven't seen a bear or a Pileated Woodpecker but there's still time.

So it's back to painting for this morning. I wish I painted faster but I just don't. Acceptance is the key. There's an art show in Three Lakes... to go or not to go...






No comments:

Post a Comment