Saturday, August 2, 2014

Living Life at the Speed of Summer


 The Speed of Summer

What a busy summer! What's next? Today a wedding reception for my nephew Paul and his lovely wife Heather. The next two days; move my daughter out of the apartment she lived in while at college and bring her home. Then Wisconsin followed by my first gallery show on August 22nd. I'm excited about the show but I am realizing that I have a lot of work to do before it opens including finishing a painting.
So that's my excuse for the poor blog schedule. No excuses... I did miss you though.


My garden is at its peak! I have taken many new photos for lots of new paintings .


For the first time that I can remember I am longing for the cooler days when life slows down a bit and there is more time for painting. Am I nuts! Don't I remember last winter?  I just want to paint more. I will be starting another 30 in 30 on September 1st. I can't wait! Why don't you join along? There are over 350 artists from all over the world signed up already.  Join Leslie Saeta and the rest of us at http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/ .



I started a new painting this week. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to paint all day while Mark and Matt were at the Oshkosh air show.   


I had my trusty buddy, Cooper at my side.


I went inside when I heard the thunder. Really? Rain so hard when the sun is out? It was beautiful though, and I was able to resume painting at the kitchen table.


Coop helped pick out the colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment