Thursday, February 11, 2016

Great Party last Night Ladies!

I love going into a group of people who start out with... "I don't have an artistic bone in my body."
What is it about art that scares people so much? It's like math. I hear a lot of "I can't do math." (Or at least I did when I worked at the Alternative School.)



Well the truth is, of course everyone can do art. It's like this wonderful, joyous gift we were all born with. It's in us all, even you. The trick is to make people feel safe and maybe a bit confident too.


When you get a group of friends together, some nibbles, a bit of wine who knows what the possibilities can be?  Last night was no exception. These lovely ladies support each other at work each day - encouraging each other last night was just an extension of that.






And of course, they didn't come for the food, or the wine, or even the art. They came to be with each other and have a bit of fun. They were bound to have fun no matter what their plates looked like. I'm so thrilled that they allowed me to be a part of their group for a few hours.




I love that alcohol inks have their own "minds" in a sense. If you don't fight them and work with them, eventually they will produce some pattern or texture you will like. They are very "forgiving" in that mistakes can easily be wiped away.








The ladies dug right in and the results were stunning. Everyone produced such a unique piece.











Two friends couldn't come. One had a funeral and one a birth. Kind of unusual, but sure does bring home the point about how important it is to love those around us and spend time together. And at the end of the night, as we were about to pose for our final picture, new photos of the baby came streaming through the phone.



The ladies produced some beautiful plates but more important: another successful night of bonding. I'm so honored to have spent the evening with each and every one of them.


To find more information on how you can host your own paint party please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment