Thursday, February 8, 2018

February 30 in 30, Day # 8

30 paintings in 30 days.

Do you remember spin art when we were kids? You dropped paint onto a paper that was spinning and all the colors would expand out to the edges of the page in a really unique design. I've been wanting to try that with alcohol inks for some time now. So I asked for a Spin Art set for Christmas, $10, Walmart. The 30 in 30 gave me the perfect chance to try. I will say the Spin Art has gotten really cheap since we were kids. It is no longer battery operated. You need to pump a button to spin the much smaller paper. The paints they give you to use are pretty useless too. BUT, I was able to try it using Yupo paper. Here are the results. Okay, I've had enough. A bit disappointed but that's okay. It's just that I remembered it so much cooler than it was. Maybe I was thinking about Creepy Crawlers.


Spin Art
Alcohol Inks on Yupo






2 comments:

  1. Sad that it is not the same. I always wanted one, but glad to read your review. At least you had some fun experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete