Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pumpkin-Raisin Muffins


 Okay I admit, I'm a painter not a baker but who doesn't find themselves doing some baking during the holidays? It's for this reason that I have added a recipe section to my blog and web page, just for the holidays.
I was in charge of the treats this month 
for the Art guild. 

I thought these Pumpkin-Raisin Muffins would do nicely. I made them mini-sized for the eating light crowd.  (Usually I make them as regular sized muffins.) They're a bit bumpy looking in that they pretty much retain the same shape as you scoop them into the pan after cooking. I love to make a ton of these, then freeze them. One minute in the microwave and they're butter melting, mouth watering good.







PUMPKIN-RAISIN MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups all-purposed flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baked powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup raisins
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon stick margarine, melted
Cooking spray



1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2.Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in raisins. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine egg and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be very thick.)

3. Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Yield: 12 muffins (1 muffin per serving) 116 calories each

No comments:

Post a Comment