Sunday, October 12, 2014

Quickbooks and Pumpkin Sketches

I have spent a week working on my book keeping. Please, someone tell me that you find it challenging also. I am lucky enough to have brother-in-law who is an accountant and set up my Quickbooks as he  explained everything to me. The thing is that although I love numbers ( I used to be a banker many moons ago.) I hate going through my receipts for Finally Art and put it off. I tend to do my books once a quarter when sales tax is due. So 70 some journal entries and several check entries later I'm ready to resume doing art. So much for my wish to sketch every day.

I am going to make more of a commitment to keeping my books more current. Any suggestions?

I did start a sketch yesterday. It was an incredible Autumn day and I enjoyed sitting on the front porch drawing my pumpkins among the flowers. However, my neighbor Nancy saw me sitting outside and came over for some wine. I was hoping I'd see her. It's important to stop and spend time with friends. I'm going back out there today as the morning sun is hitting the pumpkins just right. I was enjoying using my watercolor pencils with the sketch. We'll see how it turns out today. I'll stay away from the wine this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment