Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Inspired by the Art on the Internet

"I wish I could paint like that."

I see so many incredibly talented people on the internet. I'm inspired by their technical skills and/or their creativity. I think, "I want to paint like that." or "I wish I thought of that." I have to stop myself and give myself a talking to. It goes something like this:

"You are on your own unique journey. You can copy someone else but what's the point? The world already has THAT person to do that art. There is only one you. What you have to say is unique and important. Be inspired, effected, challenged but make sure you're on your path."

We all change... evolve in our own ways. The internet is to inspire and possibly to push us to work harder, more often, get better. Our special signature is there inside of all of us, just give it the time it needs to grow. Use other artists work to change, to get better not to destroy that which is unique about your work.

Work in Progress
Lilies
Watercolor
11"x 17"

No comments:

Post a Comment