Thursday, April 16, 2015

My Composition Remains a bit Forgettable

Unforgettable Art is in two days and I'm still playing with the composition of my painting.

Samantha and Mark felt this one had too much grass so I'm leaving this one as it is for now and trying another piece with less grass and bigger flowers. I'll get back to it later - after the show.

I realize that I don't have to have this perfectly planned out before the event. For me, finishing a painting of this size (12" x 24") in one day is a bit unusual. Besides, it sounds like a great party and I'll be wanting to go around and see what everyone else is painting. There will be a lot of artists to meet and that's all before 6PM. At 6 I"ll want to be finishing up the work and available to talk with the guests. And let's not forget this is a fundraiser, so I'll want to produce something people will be willing to buy. I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures to share later. It should be great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment