Thursday, July 30, 2015

Just Show Up

 (For today's post- bit of my garden for the joy of it.)

It was a lovely evening last night at the Rockton River Market. A bit difficult at first with the wind blowing cards, prints and frames all around but things calmed down and I was able to get down to business. What business is that? Really, this is a farmer's market not a fine art fair. Most people are coming to this event for dinner, to listen to the band and go home with some fresh produce.


 
So what what kind of business am I conducting?  I'm meeting the people in my community and letting them know I'm here. Every week I meet all sorts of interesting people. Last night was no exception as I met a lovely elderly lady out for a night with her daughters. This woman used to paint and the daughters seemed to be interested in getting her back into it. "Join the Rockford Art Guild" was my advice.

It's good advice for anyone interested growing in their art. And the best part, you don't have to be a professional artist to join. Art guilds are great for those at any level of artistic ability. There is always something to be gained by connecting with other people who have similar interest as your own.






So if you're looking for me, I'm easy to find;


-1st and 3rd Mondays at Katie's Cup
-1st and last Tuesdays Art Guild
-every Wednesday night until September 16th

Because sometimes just showing up turns out to be the best thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment