Friday, January 1, 2016

Day One, January 30 in 30

Day One, January 1st
30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.

Happy New Year from Savannah, Georgia!
I am here with my family to bring in the new year and celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. I stopped doing anything art related about a week before Christmas so I could concentrate of my family and the holidays. It felt good to pack my little black bag of pastels and watercolors in preparation for the trip. I'm traveling light, of art supplies at least.
It felt good to pick up my supplies and paint a bit.
I forgot my pastel pencils so I needed to work with the larger pastel sticks. Oh well. Today's pic is the view from the living room of the house we're staying at. It's incredible! Our street, Tattnall makes a T as in intersects with Jones Street. The view is incredible as the live oak trees frame the street along with the Spanish Moss that drips off of them. The street is framed by beautiful Colonial  Houses each one unique. In fact, Jones street was named as one of the most beautiful streets in the country. What a sight last night was with the Christmas trees and festive lights all glowing up and down the street as people scurried to their New Year's parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment