Sunday, January 17, 2016

Day17, January 30 in 30

Day 17, January 17th

30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.

One thing that has been really great about these short little classes at the art guild is the freedom they have allowed me to explore. Being a business, so much time is given to commissions or work that is to be sold, not to mention marketing, bookkeeping, classes and shows. What seems to come last is exploration and experimentation. I feel my art changing, very slowly. I think if I scheduled more time for "art play and enjoyment" I would fine my true "voice" much faster.

So let me declare it right now. I will set aside 3 hours a week to make mistakes - make ugly art - and just enjoy the process of smearing some colors (or black and white) on a surface and see what comes of it.

How about you? Do you schedule exploration time, or does it just come natural to you? Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.


Circle of Friends
Pastels


No comments:

Post a Comment