Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cooper's Top Tem Reasons NOT to do an Art Show

This weekend is the Festival of Arts in Bartlett. 

I'm looking forward to it and am packing as we speak but about a half an hour ago I was 
approached by my studio manager, Cooper, with the top 10 reasons NOT to do art shows.

Cooper, my studio manager




Please understand that the opinions expressed by my studio manager are not necessarily
 shared by myself. I feel compelled to share his list as I promised I would 
so others may be aware of these dangers.

The Top10 Reasons NOT to do Art Shows:
according to Cooper
  1. You never know who you might meet at these things. You may be exposed to new ideas and art. It may change your art and your thoughts forever.
  2. No one really likes to meet the artist of the work they own. People prefer the mystery of not knowing anything about an artist.
  3. It's too much work packing, traveling, setting up, sitting there talking to people and tearing down.
  4. You should not show any of your artwork until it is absolutely perfect... and let's face it, you have not reached perfection yet.
  5. It's too expensive; jury fees, booth fees, traveling expenses, meals, hotel fees. These monies could be used for more appropriate items such as doggie treats.
  6. If you're not selling out at these shows, what's the point? You'll just have to pack it all up again and bring it home.
  7. You may have to answer a lot of questions about your work. Why this subject, technique, etc.?
  8.  You may hear some negative remarks about your work, "the prices are too high, they can do the same work themselves." You may hear some positive comments and then become too confident.
  9. You will miss me too much. I will not be there to encourage you. You may get depressed.
  10. There probably will be other dogs there. They may will try to persuade you to take them home. No siblings please!


Disclaimer: 
The opinions expressed are of that 
of my studio manager, Cooper.

 Jill Rae Finally Art does not necessarily
 agree with these opinions. 


Note to Cooper, 

Thank you Cooper for your concern. I will see you Sunday knowing that I am leaving you in loving hands of Mark and Matt. Samantha and I will try not to enjoy ourselves too much. And no matter how many pups I pet, I am well aware there is no one like you. You are the best.

Love, 
    Jill Rae


For more information about the Festival of Arts in Bartlett and 
other shows I am participating in see my events page here.


No comments:

Post a Comment