Monday, April 28, 2014

Cody is the Last DOG on MY BLOG

Here he is, Cody, the Last Dog on My Blog.



Cody's fur reflected  purple, blue, pink, brown, grey and black tones.


 I've enjoyed drawing these black dogs and adding the colors I see reflected in their fur. They're very difficult to photograph well. In fact, did you know that dog shelters put down more black dogs than any other color because they just can't take good pictures. Think about it, you want to adopt the "cute" dogs. So next time your at a shelter looking for a cat or dog - take a good long look at the cute ones with the black fur.




Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who sent in their dog pictures for this promotion. Each one of them was adorable and very special. We even had a rare Oscar Spaniel sent in from Columbus, Ohio. No one loves us quite like our dogs. I think one of the reasons they're on the planet is to teach us what unconditional love is.

So in celebration of the warm Spring weather, although today is rainy and cool, I'd like to send each dog owner the portrait I did as my thank-you gift to you for your support and encouragement through out the year. Your likes and comments on my blog and Facebook page have given me continued confidence to pursue my dream of becoming an artist. Please email me (moreart@jillraefinallyart.com)  the address I can send your picture to. I ask that when you get the picture you send me a photo of where you're putting the picture, or showing it to your dog. And thanks again for everything.

And for you patient cat owners I'm just waiting for the purrrrrrfect time to do a cat promotion.


No comments:

Post a Comment