Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 15, Alcohol Inks and Pen, Tall Order

30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.



Tall Order
Alcohol Inks
9 x 12.5
$65

My parents starting bring our family Up North when I was ten years old. For me it was love at first sight. The trees are what did me in, tall, fragrant and full of life. This is a picture of the garage and wood shed with my favorite tree. It's the second tall tree in the picture, the one closest to the wood shed. I remember being a young girl standing at the base of that tree wondering about all the things that have gone on around it. Did native Americans camp at it's feet? How many black bears stopped to enjoy a scratch from it's coarse bark? How many animals, birds and insects have made a home in that tree? To this day, every time I go Up North I stop and look at that tree and just wish it could tell about it's life and what it has lived through.

To purchase this drawing go to http://www.jillraefinallyart.com/30-in-30.php  Or just hit the "Visit My Web Site" button on the right of this blog. When you get there go to "My Art"  then "30 in 30 in the pull down menu.



No comments:

Post a Comment