Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 6, Oil, Garden Harvest

30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.


Garden Harvest
Oils
12 x12
$115

Here are some pears and tomatoes from this year's garden. The squash is from Edward's Apple Orchard. We have a lot of pears even though the tree hardly bloomed with the cold Spring we had. I guess it bloomed enough.

I love oils- everything about them; the smells, the texture of the paints, the way the canvas gives when you put a paintbrush to it, the shine of the paint, the way the pigments are serious - you get them on your clothes and they aren't leaving. Lately, I've been doing so many watercolors and pastels that I just haven't had time for the oils. Thanks 30 in 30 it was fun.

To purchase this painting go to http://www.jillraefinallyart.com/30-in-30.php  Or just hit the "Visit My Web Site" button on the right of this blog. When you get there go to "My Art"  then "30 in 30 in the pull down menu. Please note that oils take a few weeks to dry. I would not be sending this painting out until it is dry and varnished.


No comments:

Post a Comment