Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 4, Mixed Media, Childhood Dreams

30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.


Childhood Dreams
Mixed media on Yupo paper
11" x 14"
$35

I love Pinterest. I love collecting all sorts of art related boards. Under watercolor tips, I have a board that demonstrates using watercolors on Yupo paper and lifting the paint in areas so that it is white again. Who knew? I see all these great ideas that I want to try but I have other works that I must finish and usually don't have the time. 

To me, that's what this 30 in 30 is for, to try new things, to paint those pictures that have been begging to be painted and to push myself out of my comfort zone. That's what abstracts do. I love them. When I see one I like I think, "Boy that looks so fun and free." When I try to do an abstract it is anything but free. They just look that way, they are actually very difficult. But I did have fun with this one, even though the voice in the back of my head kept saying, "Don't mess this up, it's getting late."

To purchase this painting go to http://www.jillraefinallyart.com/30-in-30.php  Or just hit the "Visit My Web Site" button on the right of this blog. When you get there go to "My Art"  then "30 in 30 in the pull down menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment