Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 14, Paper Collage, Connected

30 in 30 hosted by Leslie Saeta.





Another great thing about doing a 30 in 30 is the opportunity to finish previously started work. When my son needed a poster board for a school project we used some of my scrapbook paper to decorate it. Not wanting to waste the paper, I kept it knowing that I've seen some paper collages that have inspired me. So I started doing an abstract by gluing rectangular shapes on an art board but I wasn't happy with the glue I had for it and put it away.



Connected
Paper Collage
9" x 10"
$50


It occurred to me that I could use my circle cutter to add shapes to the picture, so I picked it back up yesterday. It was fun. I'm enjoying doing a few pieces that are not my norm. I didn't crop the photograph of this piece like I usually do because I didn't want to cut any of the edges off the photo. They are important to the composition of this piece.

 To purchase this paper collage go to http://www.jillraefinallyart.com/30-in-30.php  Or just hit the "Visit My Web Site" button on the right of this blog. When you get there go to "My Art"  then "30 in 30 in the pull down menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment